Times Have Changed, Brooks' first album in ten years, carries with it the weight of grown perspective and time spent perfecting old material. Brooks worked it with Steve Jordan, whose work runs from Keith Richards to Stevie Wonder, John Mayer and Eric Clapton.
The whole album came together over the course of a few weeks at Royal Studios in Memphis, the home of Al Green, Syl Johnson and Bobby "Blue" Bland. Jordan and Brooks brought in a mint press of Memphis music royalty: Stax Records staple Steve Cropper (Booker T. & the M.G.'s, Otis Redding, Sam & Dave), Archie Turner (Al Green, Syl Johnson, O.V. Wright), jazz saxophonist Lannie McMillan, and R&B icon Angie Stone. For several tracks, Brooks also enlisted members of the legendary Hi Rhythm Section, which served as the house band for hit soul albums by artists like Al Green and Ann Peebles.
1. Show Me (feat. Steve Cropper)
2. Doing Too Much (feat. "Big Head" Todd Mohr)
3. Twine Time (feat. Lonnie Brooks)
4. Times Have Changed (feat. Al Kapone)
5. Long Story Short
6. Give Me Your Love (Love Song) (feat. Angie Stone)
7. Give The Baby Anything The Baby Wants (feat. "Big Head" Todd Mohr & Eddie Willis)
8. Old Love (feat. Bobby 'Blue' Bland)
9. Come On Up (feat. Felix Cavaliere & Lee Roy Parnell)
10. Wham Bam Thank You Sam
11. When I Was We